What the Friends Do
Money raised by the Friends through memberships, donations, gift shop sales, used book sales, and fundraising events provides approximately $400,000 yearly for PVLD. Here are some of the important library services and programs these funds support:
- Sunday hours at the Peninsula Center Library
- Summer Reading Program
- Internet and Wi-Fi access at all three libraries
- Special purchases of items for the library collections, furnishings, and equipment
- The Annex, a safe meeting place for teens
- Story time programs
- eBooks, eMagazines, and subscriptions to online services
- Movie screenings, concerts, and community events
- Art exhibits
- Library Gift Shop
- On-line language programs
- Used book sales – Revenue from book sales goes towards supporting all programming.
- Renovation and maintenance of PVLD facilities
- Endowment fund to support PVLD’s long-term capital and operating needs
- Books for Troops program
Equally important, the Friends support the PVLD volunteer program. In addition to working in the Library Shop, assisting at special events, and helping with the used book sales, volunteers help with repairing, shelving, and cataloging books. If you’re interested in volunteering, we’d love to have you!
Please become a member today and join the generous Friends who make a big difference in the libraries and in our community.