Donate Books and Media
The Friends welcome donations of gently used books, DVD videos, CDs, and records. These gifts not only replenish our stock of merchandise for sale but also recycle the items to other people for their enjoyment and benefit. Donated books and media are a critical source of revenue for the Friends that enables us to support PVLD. You can drop off your donations at any of the three libraries. We’ll give you a receipt for tax purposes; you assign a value to your contribution.
- Fiction and non-fiction books in good condition (either paperback or hardback)
- Videos (DVD)
- Books on CD
- Sheet music
- Magazines (Peninsula Center book sale only)
We do not accept:
- Books that are torn, dirty, or smell of mold or smoke
- Books with excessive writing or underlining
- Magazines (Malaga Cove does not accept)
- Readers’ Digest condensed books
- Computer books older than 2010
- Textbooks and reference books older than 2008
- Travel books older than 2010
- Encyclopedia sets
If you have books and DVDs to donate, you can drop them off at the Peninsula Center Library on the last Saturday of the month, from 9am to 10:30am (except for holiday weekends—Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas). Please drive up the ramp off Silver Spur into the underground parking area. Place your donations in boxes or bags YOU DO NOT NEED BACK in the trunk of your vehicle so we can maintain proper social distancing; library volunteers will remove them. Thank you for remembering the Peninsula Friends of the Library!
To make sure you stay informed if one of these events is canceled, please sign up for email notification: newsletter sign-up.